Flat engulfed in flames at Hawera property

Emergency services responded to a block of flats that caught fire in Hawera today.

The dwelling compiles of four individual flats who were all occupied at the time the fire started.

Witnesses said one man was pulled from his home where the fire started and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation and suspected burns. It’s not yet confirmed to what extent the man was injured.

Fire Services from Hawera, Eltham, and Okaiawa were in attendance.

One man who lives in the flats said he was absolutely gutted he’s lost everything, but glad they all got out in time.

A spokesperson from the Hawera Fire Department advised the occupants of the flats they’d be on site for the next few hours dampening hot spots.

Comments are closed.

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑